ON THE BLOG
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about Liberty Plastics, Inc.? We've got answers. Get instant information on the most commonly asked questions about Liberty Plastics products, custom capabilities, manufacturing, and extrusion processes. For additional information not covered here, please contact us.
- Wave-Core Double Face is a nominal 4mm thickness.
- Wave-Core Single Face is a nominal 3.5mm thickness.
- We offer only one thickness of board. One of the biggest advantages of Wave-Core is the board can be customized to match an application or product requirement. By changing the amount and type of resin (board weight) to each extruded layer, we can modify the flexibility, strength, and durability without increasing or decreasing the thickness or height of our Wave-Core sheets and rolls.
- Board weight is the amount of material (HDPE Resin) that is used in our Wave-Core product. Measured in thousand pounds per square feet (MSF), board weight can help determine strength, durability, and flexibility. A lower board weight may offer more flexibility while a heavier board may offer more stiffness. All board weights offer strength and protection, but the overall board weight can help determine what level is needed in a specific application or product.
- Wave-Core is made of three separate and distinct layers that are extruded and then combined to make a corrugated plastic sheets or rolls. Profile board is a single “I-Beam” extrusion process. Wave-Core can be extruded 96” across corrugation allowing for longer sheets and rolls than profile board.
- Wave-Core is made exclusively out of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) where most profile board is made from Polypropylene (PP).
- HDPE is durable and UV resistant. HDPE withstands extreme hot and cold temperatures -20 - 180 degrees Fahrenheit. It is corrosion resistant and holds up to solvents, alcohols, acids, and alkalis.
- HDPE has a high tensile and tear strength which leads to strong impact performance and protection. It is extremely flexible and allows for Wave-Core to bend, fold, and roll without cracking or breaking and you will not get “crazing” or “white out” like PP board.
- Yes! We can roll double-face from board weights beginning at #140 (MSF) up to #200 (MSF). We formulate the layers to maximize flexibility and strength.
- Our most popular colors are black, white, natural and blue. We do have the capability to do custom colors and can match almost any color to specific pantone or PMS specification.
- Yes, our double-face board can be easily printed in both screen print or digital formats using our in-house printing capabilities.
- Yes, we have a full-service in-house design and prototype team that will work with you to customize a solution that fits your needs.
- Wave-Core is made of HDPE plastic which is 100% recyclable, as it is one of the easiest plastic polymers to recycle.
- We take great efforts to reduce the sourcing of virgin resin and find ways to capture and reuse. To decrease the use of virgin resin in the manufacturing process, we incorporate post-industrial recycled plastic. All Liberty Plastic products include non-virgin, recycled plastic unless otherwise requested.
Let us design your solution
From design to fabrication, Liberty Plastics provides all-inclusive services to create your finished product. Our custom solutions process ensures that our design and fabrication teams create and develop the quality corrugated plastic solution you desire.